[Techteam] Announcing Q4D06 for XO-1.75

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 21 17:37:34 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:10:49AM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:11 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> > - correction to ARM MMP2 timer reads,
>
> Do we need this, and Dilinger's kernel patches, for a good RTC "user
> experience"?

No.

I'm not aware of any significant impact of this change, but it does come
from the same period of investigation that also generated one of Andres'
patches.

> My suspicion is that this is only interesting while you're running S/R
> loops in OFW, so not high priority...

Suspend and resume loops in OpenFirmware are a high priority in the
manufacturing tests, but this change should not affect this test.

Perhaps you are conflating the kernel changes with the OpenFirmware
changes.  There is no time drift over suspend, because OpenFirmware does
not maintain a system time.  Displaying the clock is a read of the
external RTC.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/