Video chat activity (was: Re: C and Sugar/GTK)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:18:10 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Alex Waterman <imnotlistening at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sascha,
>
> I have looked at one of the previous projects, OVC, and am working with one
> of the students who helped write it. I was not aware of the other projects
> so I will definitely take a look at them. I agree, fixing old code would be
> substantially easier than writing a new one from scratch.

Personally I believe the best way to move forward with a Voice/Video
Conference Activity is to look at empathy and associated projects. I
believe there was plans to produce a libempathy for reuse although I
don't know the status of that. By using empathy/cheese and other
components it would integrate with our current comms stack and allow
sharing of things like account data and contacts as well as being
transferable between gnome and sugar.

Peter