12.1.0 trac milestone organisation (Devel Digest, Vol 73, Issue 25)

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sat Mar 17 06:11:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 17 2012, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> I was wondering if there are any VM builds planed for OLPC 12.1.0 (particularly XO-1.75 builds) or if this is considered an unnecessary burden for tracking.
> I can understand that using the actual hardware is the most important thing.
> But apparently there are not enough XO-1.75s available.
> So VM builds could be of some value during development.

We haven't made having VM builds a priority because:

qemu-arm is extremely slow even on fast x86 machines, so emulating ARM
builds on x86 doesn't work well.

For the x86 builds, you might as well just install the same version of
Fedora that the build is based on, and yum install sugar.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>   <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child