Python bindings based on Phonegap?

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:37:22 EDT 2012

On 21 Jun 2012, at 20:50, Lester Leong wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are Python bindings based off the Phonegap
> API, with similar method calls, etc.?
>
> I'm developing an HTML5/Javascript activity that I would like to
> eventually port to Android and other mobile platforms. Having a set of
> Phonegap-like Python bindings for Sugar would help considerably.

Yes, or even a minimal example web based activity that folks could clone and extend. FWIW This has come up numerous times over the last few years but I see to remember Gecko and hulahoop api compatibility overhead issues stalled most work. Now that we've moved to webkit (only just in the latest dev builds) this is worth revisiting. FWIW2 Browse [1] and (I think) Help [2] are both ported over to webkit, a good place to look to see what the code is like.

Regards,
--Gary

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/browse
[2] http://git.sugarlabs.org/help