[Testing] Testing Summary, Auckland - 9 June 2012

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jun 18 18:54:23 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:
> 12.1.0 os13 on XO-1.75
>
> Browse cannot create document in google docs, but can edit documents that
> have already been created. The following log snippet might be related to the
> inability to create documents:
>
> ** Message: console message:  @0: Unable to post message to
> https://0.docs.google.com. Recipient has origin https://docs.google.com.
>
> When it works, editing google docs documents in Browse seems to be better
> than firefox 12! Firefox 12 would have regular pauses, while browse seems to
> have no such problems. Confirmed by editing the same document in firefox 12
> on the same laptop right after editing with browse. The experience in browse
> is noticeably better. In both cases one one browser was editing the document
> (in the past we saw the old fedora 14 browse struggle to keep up with
> updates from another user).
>
> However, browse doesn’t always work. It triggers some sort of error and
> google’s error handler suggests reloading the page. Firefox doesn’t have
> this problem.

We're expecting a quite major WebKit modernisation for the next major
release. Having seen WebKits progress over the last few months I think
these kinds of issue will decrease and decrease as we move forward.

> Measure’s trigger sort of works! The trigger point seems to be about 3 times
> higher than where you place the trigger, but rising and falling edges work!
>
> Measure’s “capture sample now” places the waveform in a canvas that is too
> big, leaving a black border on the bottom and right. This makes it look like
> the trace is truncated if the gain is large enough to make it go off the
> screen.

CC'ing Walter so that he's aware.

> On kiwi, after starting again after the shutdown in the previous paragraph,
> no activities would start. The pulsing icon is displayed for a while and the
> failed to start stop button appears. Perhaps this is the getty bug?

Yes, I think it is. Hopefully history now.

Thanks for the testing!

Daniel