XO battery/performance [Devel Digest, Vol 76, Issue 21]

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sat Jun 16 15:07:13 EDT 2012

On 06/12/2012 12:26 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:

> OK Attached are the screenlogs from the serial output
>
> screenlog.charging is yesterdays log whith half full to fully charged battery

2339275:LDACR Update request ACR:-19791 LDACR:-19792
2339471:GC_LDACR=-19792 SOC = 58
2470692:LDACR Update request ACR:-19722 LDACR:-19792
2470857:GC_LDACR=-19792 SOC = 95
2477403:LDACR Update request ACR:-19719 LDACR:-19720
2477565:GC_LDACR=-19720 SOC = 96
2665019:  LCS:8 CFC:4 CHG=1 Vb:7395 Vavg:0x5eb3
Bat Full

Your battery jumped from 58% to Full while only receiving around 30mAh
of charge.  So it has issues.

For an older battery I would suspect charge balance symptom but your
serial number starts with 008 which is beyond the lot of problem
batteries and you have indicated you already ran bat-recover.

So either your battery was not really at 58% or its suffered a lot of
capacity loss.

The next step would be to do a full discharge/recharge/discharge cycle
while running olpc-pwr-log (stop powerd first) to measure the existing
capacity.

A quick summary of the procedure:

- Boot laptop; stop powerd; run olpc-pwr-log; disconnect external power
let laptop power off shut off.
- Remove battery;connect external power; boot; stop powerd; run
olpc-pwr-log; insert battery; let charge to full;
- Ctrl-C to stop olpc-pwr-log; re-run olpc-pwr-log; disconnect external
power; let laptop power off;

You can try to figure out the log files from the code I previously
pointed you at or you can send them to me.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child