Developer XO laptop loan or buy - Speakeasy project

C. Scott Ananian cscott at
Thu Jun 14 04:10:03 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Lester Leong <lester.bleong at>
> wrote:
> > Scott - could you point me in the right direction as far as a good
> > JS/HTML5 framework?
> Keep in mind that _today_ XOs don't ship with a workable JS runtime
> environment other than the webbrowser.

...which is a perfectly fine runtime environment.  And writing a python
wrapper that functions like PhoneGap is perfectly straightforward; the
wikipedia and other apps on the XO already do it.

As for JS/HTML5 frameworks, there are a bazillion of them.  Some popular
bits:  (although this is geared for client/server)
Lots more random stuff linked from:

      ( )