Developer XO laptop loan or buy - Speakeasy project

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jun 13 11:55:27 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-13, at 17:37, Lester Leong wrote:

> Scott - could you point me in the right direction as far as a good
> JS/HTML5 framework? I've only ever done node.js to interface with
> DB's, and that's on the server side. I'm assuming you're talking about
> application frameworks.

The "Lively Kernel" is a JS/HTML5 environment very much in the spirit of Sugar:

	http://www.lively-kernel.org/

It allows you to examine and extend the code right inside your web browser. Works on iPad, too.

> As far as obtaining an XO, I may just end up purchasing an XO unit
> from ebay, although I only saw XO-1's there. That may be good enough
> to get going right away, as the it may take several weeks to ship when
> going through the Contributors program.

As others pointed out, you can download Sugar today and get going right away:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/VirtualBox

- Bert -