Developer XO laptop loan or buy - Speakeasy project

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Wed Jun 13 08:58:05 EDT 2012

This thread has gone pretty long and deep into the bikeshedding realm.
I am surprised nobody posted the answer to the original question of
getting an XO for a developer:

However Lester thinks the programming should go, if it is going to go
on XOs, that's how to get one.

Of course there are ways to program and test on other hardware -- use
Fedora with Sugar desktop or jhbuild.