XO battery/performance [Devel Digest, Vol 76, Issue 4]

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jun 12 00:33:32 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 08:41:16AM -0400, Richard A. Smith wrote:
> On 06/10/2012 01:07 AM, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
>
> >Took some time and a lot of juggling and ended up to a lot of
> >questionmarks in black diamonds so I do not really know if I did it
> >right or wrong, but here is the screen log just the same.
>
> You may or may not have done anything wrong but the output is not
> valid.  Perhaps your comm settings are wrong?  115200,n,8,1 is what
> they should be set to.

Not for the screen program, which is what Yioryos was asking about.
Just 115200.  Adding ,n,8,1 achieves nothing, screen ignores it.  One
can use cs8 to specify the bits per character, but Linux and Mac OS X
default to eight bits already.  Parity and stop bits cannot be
specified to screen.  The port defaults are already good enough.

I agree that the unreadable text shows something has gone wrong.  But
I don't think it is baud rate, parity, bits per character, or stop bit
count.

I've undone Yioryos' change to the Wiki page.

Yioryos, do you still get this strange output?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/