[Techteam] 12.1.0 devel build 13 released, for the XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jun 11 19:07:16 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 01:47:58PM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> emacs int:2.\versions\run\13\usr\lib\systemd\system\getty at .service
> Editing worked well, however, OFW said "[Writing..]Not writing to
> the ext2 filesystem because of unsupported extensions. Flushbuf
> error."
> The next prompt should have said: not ok.  That would be logical.
> OFW's ext2/3 support has been improving steadily in recent months; I
> had momentarily forgotten our builds use ext4, which is too much to
> ask.

ext4 support is present, to an extent.

For instance, I am able to touch a file in /runin after fs-update
without problems:

ok to-file int:2,\versions\run\13\runin\no-camera
ok boot

I wonder what is different.  Had you booted that filesystem since

(I'm also able to read runin logs from the ext4 filesystem using Open
Firmware.  The power log collector also relies on being able to read
the power logs.)

James Cameron