12.1.0 TOUCHPAD_MODE_PENTABLET on XO-1

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Jul 28 11:04:02 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Joshua N Pritikin <jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> Pentablet mode usually works great. However, I notice that sometimes the
> pointer warps back to the initial point where I pressed down to start
> dragging the mouse. It almost looks like the capacitive position data is
> leaking into the resistive position data. However, I have reproduced
> this on the non-capacitive part of the resistive sensor.
>
> Is this worth reporting in the bug tracker or has everybody given up on
> the original touchpad?

Definitely worth a bug report, but no promises it will be looked at immediately.

If you want to investigate further, you could experiment with the
evtest command. Try both on the mouse device (which feeds kbdshim),
and the kbdshim device (which is what feeds X). Can you see these
jumps represented numerically at any point?

Thanks for testing!
Daniel