[Testing] Testing Summary, Auckland 7 July 2012

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Jul 14 19:02:24 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:
> Testing Summary: Auckland - 7 July 2012
> Who: Barry, John, Tabitha, Tom
>
> Testing 12.1.0 build 17 on XO-1 and XO-1.75
>
> Browse works, but cannot create google docs. Can edit docs on XO-1.75 that
> have already been created. Visiting http://blog.makezine.com on XO-1 causes
> the laptop to freeze.

Is the makezine issue reproducible?

> Browse on XO-1.75 freezes after less than 5 minutes using the Advanced
> (ajax) Zimbra client. The UI elements still seem to affect the shape of the
> mouse pointer, but it uses 100% CPU and the display does not update -- if
> you open and close the frame the area covered and exposed by the frame stays
> grey. Browse responds to to stop from the frame. This happened several
> times. A had a couple of other tabs open with simple webpages and was on a
> poor wifi network.

I don't suppose there is any way we can easily reproduce this without
paying? Zimbra looks pretty closed.

> Measure works. Trigger still appears far above the mark. XO-1 only has one
> channel. XO-1.75 has two channels but in microphone mode only one works.

CCing Walter to make sure he's aware.

> Tam Tam Mini starts with an instrument selected but it doesn’t play, you
> have to manually select an instrument before it will play.  According to
> Barry, it also “clips inappropriately”. Chose the Sarangi, run your finger
> from Z through M as quickly as you can (HS keyboard helps), you will hear 3
> or 4 nasty clicks. This use case is perhaps unrealistic, but in more normal
> playing it happens quite often. This happens on XO-1 and XO-1.75.

Filed initial instrument issue as http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3756
This is something that has never worked great on XO-1 :(
For XO-1.75 we're have a plan for how to improve audio in future.

> No Wikipedia on XO-1 :( It works on XO-1.75. We notice that the journal
> entry is called “untitled” rather than the name of the page. We were not
> able to reproduce. Had wikpedia fail to start. There are several different
> problems in the logs attached. It would seem that if port 8080 is in use, an
> exception is logged This might be the instance where it failed to start,
> we're not sure. Perhaps wikipedia should choose a free port rather than
> being hard coded? The content of a page was logged in an error, perhaps this
> shouldn’t be in the production version to avoid using up the disk (how are
> sugar logs deleted?).

Gonzalo, please review these logs and comments (and file tickets as
appropriately).

Thanks for the great testing reports!

Daniel