Problem running signed actos/actrd from USB stick on secured XO-1

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jul 13 12:12:16 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Emiliano Pastorino
<epastorino at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:
> I've only created a dracut module, leaving everything else intact. Maybe I
> should
> trim some stuff, uninstall some other modules? I've used the default
> dracut-olpc-config and added mine.

You might be able to remove some other modules, but it sounds your own
hooks are running late. You could avoid this problem by making your
scripts run and finish before the system tries to mount the root
partition.

Root partition mounting should work either way of course, but you're
hitting the USB bootpath which has been broken for the last few years
(#11223) :(

Daniel