fresh Gnash rpms for OLPC XO 1.75

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 17:17:46 EST 2012

Hi Rob,

THANKS! I have been personally flat out for the last 2 months or so
with 1.75 stuff, hence my high latency.

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Rob Savoye <rob at welcomehome.org> wrote:
> On 10/20/11 03:59, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>
>> That's really good news! Rob, we can ship you a few more B1 units, if
>> that helps make bricking less of an issue :-)
>
>  I just put new rpms for the XO 1.75 in the Gnash repository at
> getgnash.org, for anyone that wants to play with a pre-release snapshot.
> I assume these will also work on the XO 3.0, although I'd need to do
> some work for Gnash to run on the newer version of Android.
>
>> We are looking into a (partial?) rebuild of the rpmfusion repo to see
>> how it works with ffmpeg in. Might take some time...
>
>  I've found the performance better with ffmpeg than gstreamer on the XO
> 1.75. I understand the redistribution issues... Any progress on the
> rpmfusion repo ?

Hopefully we'll soon see ffmpeg rpms to test this in tandem with your rpms.

Without ffmpeg, what is a good test of current gnash? What is a
reasonable expectation of what it can deliver?

Also, I've played with lightspark, which you guys are promoting as a
solution for the newer flash formats that gnash won't handle. But in
my (brief) expeiment, lightspark didn't "take" -- it didn't install
anything runnable in the plugins dir.

What's the right way of doing things? and what's a reasonable
expectation of what a lightspark+gnash install can / cannot do? I
didn't find a how-to nor a summary of the state of play...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions