OLPC Policies Question Concerning Upgrading Default Installed Software

anthony at evolutionindesignz.com anthony at evolutionindesignz.com
Wed Jan 11 18:17:15 EST 2012

Thank you Chris.

There is a software requirement to use a custom browser rather than the
default browser. Apart from the fact that XULRunner is highly touted by
Firefox/Mozilla for building custom browsers(apparently Google Chrome is
also based on XULRunner), it was also noted that XULRunner is installed
as one of the default software applications on the OLPC computer.

Everything seems to work fine so long as the OLPC computer is actively
connected to a network. But once the computer is disconnected from the
network, version 1.9.1.9 stops functioning correctly. Version 8.0 does
not have the same problems.