The Fedora Fifteen Franken ARM hardfp build 1 for XO 1.75

Niels de Vos niels at
Sat Jan 7 16:24:29 EST 2012

On 01/03/2012 01:03 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> The "This sonic transducer, it is I suppose some kind of
> audio-vibratory-physio-molecular transport device?" release.
> This is a hard floating point Franken release for development and
> testing of the hardfp on the XO 1.75. Its very incomplete and has a
> number of things that don't work. This is expected and its a release
> only really intended for people that understandard what hardfp is and
> the significance of it and wish to test and develop further for this
> fairly major feature both for upstream Fedora and the XO releases.
> This isn't a release that shouldn't have bug reports against it.
> So what are the known issues, and what works?
> - X works using fbdev. There's an issue with resolution. Fix this by
> removing the "Virtual" line from /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xo1.75.conf
> - No accelerated X
> - Sugar and GNOME do work quite well
> - Networking seems to work OK
> - Firefox DOESN'T work. Known issue, hopefully should be fixed before long
> - Midori for GNOME, Surf for Sugar included as browsers.

systemd is included (as it is Fedora 15) but does not really work by
default. describes
the same problem and points to a solution:
- remove /var/run, /var/lock and /media from /etc/rwtab and reboot

The change was made on a date after the version of initscripts that is
installed was created. There are no Fedora ARM updates yet, but maybe a
new version fixes it automatically.

> I've been working to get this to a reasonable testing state for a
> while and finally all the bits fell into place. There's quite a bit of
> change going on in the ARM Fedora 15 world. I would suggest regular
> "yum update" to get the latest builds. I'm not expecting to do regular
> builds of this, but will happily cut more builds if people think a new
> one would be useful.

Unfortunately the fedora.repo and fedora-updates.repo are non-functional
for Fedora 15 on ARM. Instead, I am now using the most current builds
directly from a repository on the koji infrastructure:

Does it make sense to create tickets for these kind of issues? Or is
this email sufficient to help others?

Thanks for the release,