[Techteam] The Fedora Fifteen Franken ARM hardfp build 1 for XO 1.75

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Jan 4 02:52:19 EST 2012

On 03/01/12 14:03, Peter Robinson wrote:
> The "This sonic transducer, it is I suppose some kind of
> audio-vibratory-physio-molecular transport device?" release.
>
> THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT RELEASE AIMED AT CORE OS/HW DEVELOPERS
>
> This is a hard floating point Franken release for development and
> testing of the hardfp on the XO 1.75. Its very incomplete and has a
> number of things that don't work. This is expected and its a release
> only really intended for people that understandard what hardfp is and
> the significance of it and wish to test and develop further for this
> fairly major feature both for upstream Fedora and the XO releases.
>
> This isn't a release that shouldn't have bug reports against it.
>
> So what are the known issues, and what works?
>
> - X works using fbdev. There's an issue with resolution. Fix this by
> removing the "Virtual" line from /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xo1.75.conf
> - No accelerated X
> - Sugar and GNOME do work quite well
> - Networking seems to work OK
> - Firefox DOESN'T work. Known issue, hopefully should be fixed before long
> - Midori for GNOME, Surf for Sugar included as browsers.
>
> I've been working to get this to a reasonable testing state for a
> while and finally all the bits fell into place. There's quite a bit of
> change going on in the ARM Fedora 15 world. I would suggest regular
> "yum update" to get the latest builds. I'm not expecting to do regular
> builds of this, but will happily cut more builds if people think a new
> one would be useful.
>
> Download from:
> http://build.laptop.org/F15-arm/os1/
>
> For those interested in hardfp stuff.... enjoy :-)
>
> Peter

For booting I had to use the 'checker'-key (the right one of the game
keys), otherwise I had a white screen after booting. (I think I had this
with one of Daniel's early F16 builds, he might know how to fix this).

Removing the 'Virtual' line as indicated above fixed the resolution fine
for me.

Regards,
    Simon