XO-3 Announcement?

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 7 18:40:30 EST 2012

   Does anyone have any comments about the XO-3 announcement here?

   http://tinyurl.com/74vd7ec

   I'd think that the smart people who are actually doing all the work
here might have talked about it more!

   I'm also curious about the power claims.  What is its power
consumption and charging requirements?  Has it actually been
demonstrated to be chargeable by "solar panels, hand cranks and other
alternative power sources?"  Especially ones not requiring systems which
cost many times more than the price of the laptop, nor require someone
with the green skin color of the XO to crank.

   What is the projected operating system and desktop manager?  What
sort of educational software has been developed?  How much memory?  What
kind of hard drive?  What power consumption?  Firmware?

   Thanks!

--
  Alan Eliasen
  eliasen at mindspring.com