12.1.0 devel build 3 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 03:24:27 EST 2012

The "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life and I'm...." release.

THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT RELEASE AIMED AT CORE SUGAR/DEVICE DEVELOPERS

This is the first build with support for gtk3 activies and we have
lovely examples with working Browse and Read :-D

Other than that we have the usual rawhide updates including various
bits we need for sugar gtk3 including fixes in the gtk3 css themes and
various fixes and improvements for introspection support. Some other
improvements include for this round of rawhide updates include libpng
1.5 which should include some perf improvements.

With the festive period coming to a close the next month will ramp up
rawhide changes. The big one being gcc 4.7.0 due to hit in the coming
week or so with a mass rebuild following soon after.

Some of the details of this release are:
- Fedora rawhide (it will become Fedora 17)
- Sugar 0.95.3
- sugar-toolkit-gtk3
- Browse 130... webkit based and it works!
- Read 94.... and it works!
- gnome 3.3.3
- likely a lot of other bits I've missed

Download from:
http://build.laptop.org/12.1.0/os3/