Pretty gnome cursor theme on XO-1.75

Martin Langhoff martin at
Thu Feb 9 09:53:17 EST 2012

If you've been using XO-1.75, you've seen the cursors are pretty ugly
under Gnome.

OS26 brought in a major improvement in these cursors, thanks to
Manuel's work on this topic. I've asked him to improve it a bit
further, and I think his new version is much nicer.

Grab OS26 or OS27 (in a few hs), look at the "wait" cursors under
gnome (when you open firefox, or while you wait for it to fetch a

Now `yum update cursors-adwaita2b`, restart, play again with firefox
or other app that makes you wait.

Keep in mind that we are working with some severe constraints here --
explained here

 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC