Impacts of disabling Automatic Power Management

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Sat Feb 4 10:35:14 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Samuel Greenfeld <greenfeld at> wrote:
> Disabling suspend during collaboration was discussed a year ago, but as far
> as I know this has not made it into any 11.3.x build:

Thanks for that! I had forgotten ~

Sridhar, Jerry -- that bug has a patch that implements exactly the
Sugar change I was proposing.

We later dropped it for a change to powerd that we thought would cover
all the bases by relying on using wake-on-LAN on the wlan... which we
later learned is somewhat buggy.

Please test with this patch and let us know whether it helps.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC