13.1.0 release candidate 2 (build 21) released

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 31 22:12:49 EST 2012

XO-4 olpc-update 13.1.0c_xo4-21 ... worked fine here.

--

It took 58 minutes and consumed 28 MB.

Most of the time was spent waiting for rsync connection setup, once
for each directory.

The internet service connection was tested afterwards, and downloaded
28 MB in 55 seconds from download.laptop.org.

Therefore olpc-update remains time inefficient for me.  ;-}

--

An rsync of the .zd file is one option I use for reducing the download
time and data consumption.  Using a copy of the previous build file

Odd there is so much saving given that there is no attempt in our
build to place files in the same area of the disk image from build to
build.

A pity download.laptop.org and build.laptop.org do not provide rsync
access.  I use rsync over SSH instead.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/