13.1.0 release candidate 2 (build 21) released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Dec 30 07:42:47 EST 2012

Hi,

We're pleased to announce the next release candidate of our new 13.1.0
software release.

Information and installation instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.1.0

Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
to USB disks:
http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/candidate/13.1.0-21/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.75/os/candidate/13.1.0-21/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.5/os/candidate/13.1.0-21/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/13.1.0-21/

This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
even those with security enabled.

We're looking for testing and feedback on all aspects of the system.
Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback that was
received throughout development.

Our scheduled release date is January 7th.

Please review the "Known problems" section of the release notes. Some
documented issues are carried over from previous releases, but others
are new and are things that we will aim to fix in the few weeks before
release.

This build now enables XO-4 idle suspend by default. This is still a
work in progress, there are still various instabilities which may make
this build feel more unstable than previous ones. You can disable
automatic power management in sugar's Settings panel to restore
previous behaviour.

Compared to the previous release candidate, we have fixed:

Paint no longer leaks memory when using the flood fill tool (SL#4334)
and the color picker picks up the right color (SL#4333).

TurtleArt-169 fixes a memory leak causing crashes particularly on XO-1
(SL#4346, SL#3291).

The update to sugar-0.98.3 and sugar-toolkit-gtk3-0.98.3 means that
the clipboard functionality is working again (SL#4307) but there is
still an issue with the pop-up palette menus in the clipboard frame.

Write-85 also has a copy/paste fix (SL#4130).

powerd-106 enables XO-4 idle-suspend and fixes outdoor light sensing
(#12243), and the latest XO-4 kernel brings in recent suspend/resume
work.

Thanks!