13.1.0 release candidate 1 (build 20) released

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Mon Dec 24 12:46:12 EST 2012

I looked at os20 on Friday as well as over the weekend, and in general we
are getting a bit more stable and closer to release.

Measure on XO-1.75 needs to not record while playing tuning tones as the
current Linux sound driver on XO-1.75 cannot simulaneously playback and
record (SL #4353).  XO-4 audio also still needs work.

I did see the failure to wake on multicast issue with a bunch of XOs at
home where the network environment was quieter, so I will research
potential fixes there.

If you are looking to verify antitheft on XO-4, please make sure to have
Q7B09 or higher installed.  Also note that OLPCs automated license key
server does not know about XO-4s yet, so please stick to simulated testing
or using your own custom keys for now.

---
SJG