13.1.0 development build 18 released

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Dec 11 13:10:27 EST 2012

On 2012-12-11, at 15:41, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:

> The Sugar welcome screen activates again on first boot.

Not for me ... or maybe it's a different problem.

Tried to olpc-update my new XO-4 (with XOrduino and XOstick boards! Yay!) from whatever came pre-installed. After restarting it flashed a new firmware (twice? didn't pay too much attention) and proceded to boot, blinking circle od dots, but that stopped at some point and it didn't do anything visible anymore. No mouse/keyboard/VT switching, so had to power-cycle.

On second boot it was fine though, it asked for activity updates, which worked fine.

I tried sound in Etoys and Scratch, which didn't work but just made a screetching noise (after turning up the volume). But Record does the same, and froze while trying to play back a recorded video, so maybe it's a wider problem.

- Bert -