HDMI port

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sun Dec 2 11:54:56 EST 2012

On Dec 2, 2012, at 5:06 AM, Sameer Verma wrote:

> I was looking for a cable for the micro HDMI port on the XO4. I couldn't find it locally, so I bought it online. The connector is similar to a micro USB on my phone (size wise) but after plugging it into the XO, I realized that the connector is very flimsy. I suppose the bit sticking inside the XO doesn't feel robust enough to forgive any major movement of the cable on the outside.

We missed the catch by around 0.25mm.  It feels fixed on C1, after moving the connector.

> A type A HDMI cable connector seems to be quite robust, like a USB A connector. What was the thinking behind picking a micro HDMI connector?
> A regular HDMI connector seems more robust and easily available (my experience...yours may vary).

Regular HDMI couldn't be retrofitted into older chassis.  A rubber plug is available which
glues into place from the inside in an older chassis when installing an XO-4 motherboard.
Micro HDMI seems set to become as standard as micro USB.

Cheers,
wad