12.1.0 release candidate 7 (build 20) released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Aug 20 10:58:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

We're pleased to announce the next release candidate of our new 12.1.0
software release.

Information and installation instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/12.1.0

Quick links for those who know which files need to be grabbed and save
to USB disks:
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.75/os/candidate/12.1.0-20/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1.5/os/candidate/12.1.0-20/
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/12.1.0-20/

This is a signed release candidate that can be installed on all XOs,
even those with security enabled.

We're looking for testing and feedback on all aspects of the system.
Thanks for any help you can offer, and for all the feedback that was
received throughout development.

We're hoping to release this as soon as possible, pending some final
issues being worked on.

Please review the "Known problems" section of the release notes. Some
documented issues are carried over from previous releases, but others
are new and are things that we will aim to fix in the time remaining
before release.

Compared to 12.1.0 release candidate 6 (build 19), we have fixed a
graphics-related hang over suspend/resume on the XO-1.5 (#11982). We
fixed this with a somewhat fundamental change to the XO-1.5 graphics
driver so general testing of XO-1.5 would be much appreciated here.

With all blocking bugs closed, this is expected to become the final
12.1.0 release after some time for final testing.

Thanks!