Blinking red battery light on XO-1

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sat Aug 4 08:05:29 EDT 2012

On 08/03/2012 11:38 PM, Hal Murray wrote:

> I have a hack script that reboots the XO every 4 hours.  It's got a patch to
> check
>    /sys/class/power_supply/olpc-battery/error
> and log the answer instead of rebooting.  The error was 20
>
> (Sorry I didn't remember to look there earlier.)

20 is 0x14 which is bank zero error.  I think you are the 2nd person to
report a transient bank 0 problem.   Thats odd since I would expect a
bank 0 error to be permanent.  The code does several re-reads before
giving up and throwing the error.  From errors that dsd has reported
I've been suspecting that there is some timing that may be marginal
since a reset fixes it I wonder if there is something that is going
wrong and messing up the 1-wire timing.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child