Determining whether we are doing pretty boot -- in olpc-configure - 12.1.0

Martin Langhoff martin at
Fri Apr 27 10:22:07 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin at> wrote:
>> How do we determine whether we are doing pretty boot? I am looking at
>> olpc-configure at this moment.
> Curious why you need to know this. Anyway, the answer is just to see
> if plymouthd is running

With sisusbvga devices, we have a cosmetic bug: when we bring up the
external monitor, we display a text console on the laptop display.

If I cover it up -- which we may be able to do with a simple change --
I want to ensure it's conditional on prettyboot.

 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC