[Techteam] Announcing Q3C05 for XO-1.5

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 12 11:37:55 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 09:46 -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
> <sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> > How useful is this for a layperson to clone an XO's setup across a
> > school/classroom?
> >
> > Is this a replacement for http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Imaging_for_XO-1.5 ?
>
> All those paths are unsupported, and full of nasty surprises.
>
> Tell us about things you want to do that OOB doesn't for for you :-)

Hi Martin,

My wish list has generate an image without an internet connection. I
just haven't had the chance to work through the details as this has not
been made a priority for me. I'm thinking that the gathering of the
activities and rpms could be split out from the creation of the image
like what is done for the XS with pungi. Once the cache has been
populated its reuse could be done if there was no internet present. The
advantage is you could generate new images with local customizations
on-site while offline.

Jerry