11.3.0 build 5 released, for XO-1.75, XO-1.5 and XO-1

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:49:08 EDT 2011

On 15 Sep 2011, at 09:44, Daniel Drake wrote:

>> http://build.laptop.org/11.3.0/os5/
>
> Thanks Peter.
>
> It would be neat if someone can test the olpc-update from build 4
> (*not* any previous one) to this one, with
>
> sudo olpc-update 11.3.0_xo1.75-5

Not going so well here... Going from build 4, fresh boot, into Terminal and then olpc-update. Each time (three so far) I've run it I've returned to find Terminal has died at some point leaving no log or history so I'm assuming it might be an OOM case and terminal is getting killed.

I've installed a handful of new activities from ASLO, edited the x config to disable the Copy acceleration, and tried to sudo yum install vim/git/pylint. This last one is interesting – the yum install completes successfully, all the usual output to screen, but vim/git/pylint are all 'command not found' and I can't find them installed anywhere (using sudo find / -name _____ ).

I've not rebooted the machine yet, any logs folks wants me to preserve, or incantations to try (I have downloaded the os5 image and was planning to do a clean re-flash tomorrow).

Regards,
--Gary