How to disabled xo security without developers key

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at
Thu Sep 15 12:55:38 EDT 2011

You can use this:

to recolect all Serial Number and UUID from your 30 XO-1.After, you can get all developer keys at time...
And if you don't like it.. You can use the Serial Port on the XO... No?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:50:17 +0530
Subject: How to disabled xo security without developers key
From: ganeshgajre at
To: devel at

I am deploying more than 30 XO-1 in a village where I don't have Internet facility.  I have to update the firmware of all the XO.
Currently all XO-1 has q2e41  firmware version, which has to be updated to q2e46.

Till q2e41 usually we don't need OK prompt, because it was providing file.
In next versions of q2e4 series they don't provide file, only ".rom" <firmware.rom> file. Without OK prompt we are not able to apply

commands to run firmware update, because it needs developers key to unlock or make XO unsecured mode.

Can anyone tell me how to get OK prompt without developers key??
Ganesh (Dragger)
Be a FOSSERS, use GNU/Linux

Devel mailing list
Devel at