XO 1.75 os4 display

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 19:29:19 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Gabriel Eirea <geirea at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/9/11 Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>:
>> Hi Sameer,
>>
>> On 11 Sep 2011, at 02:32, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> I installed os4 on a XO 1.75 B1 last night. I see a screen corruption
>>> with text on both the GNOME and Sugar sides. Entering text into a
>>> textbox in a browser will start corrupting to a point that I can no
>>> longer see some of the letters typed. Minimizing the window and
>>> maximizing it will bring the text back.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seeing this?
>>
>> Yes I'm seeing something similar here in Browse particularly where you have mouse over button UI changes where the cursor seems to be related to the clobbering of the redraw.
>>

> Same thing here. The cursor over the text box messes up the letters.
> If you double-click on the text, it shows up again correctly.

This is a problem with the accelerated copies in the new driver.  You
can work around it
by editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xo1.75.conf  and changing Option "Copy" to false

This will still give you accelerated solids, compositing and XVideo.
You will notice a slowdown
in performance.  I am looking into it.

Jon