[support-gang] reflashing an XO-1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Oct 23 20:02:10 EDT 2011

Mitch wrote on 10/11
> This weekend I discovered a race condition in the OFW USB driver
> that might  possibly be related to the problem you report.
>  http://dev.laptop.org/~wmb/q2e46a.rom has a fix for the problem I found.

My "weakest" XO-1 runs 'copy-nand' to completion with this rom, whereas
from other roms it very often gets "file read errors" (on the file on
that same USB stick) while performing 'copy-nand'.

I've now adopted the procedure with that "weakest" XO-1 to first flash
q2e46a.rom; then use it to install whatever the new os__.img is;  then
flash that XO-1 to another rom if I want to boot with that other rom.

mikus