serial numbers on new motherboards

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:53:33 EDT 2011

Hi Sridhar!

I didn't know you were getting bare motherboards. Reuben should have
some scripts and recommendations as to how to handle the situation.

You'll want to have the right mfg data -- serial number, UUID, KL, KA,
KV, LO -- for things to work correctly. Otherwise quite a few things
will be not-quite-right in fun and surprising ways.

cheers,