low contrast icons on the favourites view

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Tue Oct 4 11:29:51 EDT 2011

daniel wrote:
 > On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > On os8 on multiple XO 1.5's, i sometimes (unpredictably to me) get the swirl
 > > of icons in the favourites view coming up with many showing in very low
 > > contrast.  Switching between list and favourites does not bring back the
 > > higher contrast.  Rebooting the machine does restore the high contrast ,then
 > > upon continuing to perform  some subsequent tasks and then going back to the
 > > favourites view, the wheel icons are mostly low contrast again.  While the
 > > activities which I have visited are colour, there are ones I've never been
 > > in which are high-contrast b/w, but tmost of teh others look a very dull
 > > grey.
 > >
 > > I haven't seen for this on 11-2, 874, but I've been pretty well immersed
 > > just in 11.3 builds for the last little while.
 >
 > Is there something in the search box at the top of the screen?
 > If there is, did you knowingly/accidently put it there?

i've been bitten by this too.  perhaps it would be possible
to somehow highlight the search box when it's in use?  if the
inadvertent character is a period, or comma, or otherwise tiny
character, one has only a _very_ subtle visual cue as to what's
happened.  if the search field outline, or even perhaps just the
magnifier icon, were colored when text was entered, it would be pretty
obvious what was happening.

paul