Battery - small irritation

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Sat Nov 26 19:03:51 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have received a new XO 1.5, shipped with a battery S/N starting with 008.
>
> Over the past few days, I've noticed something a tad strange.  No matter how
> long it's plugged in, the little charging  LED stays yellow.  However, the
> frame battery indicator says "100%"

The full stop condition for battery charged is when the constant
voltage taper current drops below .12.  I suspect you have some sort
of cell defect that keeping the taper current above that.

Next time you are using the machine stop powerd and run olpc-pwr-log
in a terminal (you can use it normally) and let it run down until it
powers off.  Then remove the battery, power back up, run olpc-pwr-log
again and then re-insert the battery.  Let it charge until you see the
got to 100 and the 3rd and 4th column of numbers reach some sort of
steady state where they don't change much.  Ctrl-C and then send me
the file.

FYI. Col 3 is voltage in uV and col 4 is amperage in uA.

Also send me all the files you have in ~olpc/power-logs

Thanks.
--
Richard A. Smith
One Laptop per Child