[Fwd: Virtaal on ARM]

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Nov 16 11:03:30 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But but but  ....  In the virtaal fail the translate-table  rpm has its
> stated dependency as aeidon, not gaupol. Maybe that's part of the issue ,
> it's trying to pull the sub-package rpm directly and just doesn't know where
> to get it, or maybe it just isnt there. I guess I could try doing a yum
> install gaupol first, then the yum install virtaal to check that out,
> couldnt I ?   and if it doesnt work, try installing the gaupol from the main
> koji instead to see if it pulls aeidon ....  I'll do that tonight, just for
> fun.  I'll work on my alphabet next week , that's much harder :-)

It's not that complicated. translate-table (correctly) depends on the
subpackage "aeidon" - I was just explaining why you couldn't find
aeidon under "aeidon" on the koji web interface.

The actual problem is that the latest arm build of gaupol is
mysteriously missing the subpackage "aeidon" for no obvious reason:
http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=26418
Once that is fixed, everything will work correctly.

No more diagnosis is needed - this is now in the hands of Peter who is
the right person to investigate why this has happened.

Daniel