Announcing the development of OLPC OS 11.3.1

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:32:26 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> The work of motivating the localizers never stops :-)

Exactly. And I agree with you. The time is now, in the next 2 weeks.

The 11.3.1 cycle is a bit complicated and hard to predict because it's
being driven by driver readyness, and production timeframes.

If you have a translation ready today, and can be tested to show it's
low risk, it has a shot at 11.3.1 ... I would /not/ go out to rally
translators to sprint for 11.3.1, as the cycle is impossibly short,
under heavy pressure and hard to predict.

> Just to clue you in on what is expected in the near-ish term, we've got

Those seem all better targetted to 12.1.0, timeframe-wise and... they
don't impact on languages we include in our official releases either,
afaics.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions