XO 1.75 update

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:49:50 EST 2011

Hi Peter,

On 2 Nov 2011, at 11:40, Peter Robinson wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Kevin Gordon <kgordon420 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For the past couple of days, the directory:
>>
>> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/14/Everything/arm/os/repodata/
>>
>> seems to be empty.
>>
>> This seems to  be the cause of why any yum install attempts are failing, as
>> the process cannot 'retrieve repository metatdata (repomd.xml)'.  The actual
>> error number returned is an HTTP 404, which indicates to me that I can
>> communicate with the server.   Browsing to many other sites is fine.
>> Lastly, the process is also indicating that no other mirror seems to be
>> succeeding either.
>
> There might be a mirror sync problem. I'll investigate.

I'm also getting issues trying to yum install some basic dev tools here on the XO-1.75, have you get a chance to poke a stick at this one yet or is it something new? Here's the output I get:

[olpc at xo-6d-5e-7c ~]$ sudo yum install -y vim git pylint
fedora/metalink                                                           | 1.0
kB     00:00
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/14/Everything/arm/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 :
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/14/Everything/arm/os/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora.
Please verify its path and try again

Regards,
--Gary