[Techteam] 12.1.0 devel build 1 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Manuel QuiƱones manuq at laptop.org
Mon Nov 7 14:36:29 EST 2011

2011/11/7 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>:
> Thanks, it was about what I expected. We're about 3-4 months out from
> the spit and polish side of things, more aimed at developers to get a
> platform with systemd and all the libraries/tools needed for the port
> to gtk3 etc.

Testing if activities ported to gtk3 work in build os1.. they don't
work at the moment.  Tested with browse-gtk3 and helloworld mainline,
same error:

    [olpc at xo-a7-35-af browse-gtk3]$ sugar-launch org.laptop.WebActivity
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/sugar-activity", line 21, in <module>
    main.main()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py",
line 121, in main
    module = __import__(module_name)
    File "/home/olpc/Activities/Browse.activity/webactivity.py", line
24, in <module>
    from gi.repository import GObject
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
    from ._gi import _API, Repository
    ImportError: could not import gobject (error was:
ImportError('When using gi.repository you must not import static
modules like "gobject". Please change all occurrences of "import
gobject" to "from gi.repository import GObject".',))

--
.. manuq ..