[Techteam] 12.1.0 devel build 1 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Mon Nov 7 09:59:25 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, its coming to F17 as a feature, as I said previously, that
> doesn't mean that Fallback mode is going away in F17.

There's nothing in that discussion thread about keeping a knob to
enable fallback mode. The title of the thread says it all.

I was just going to send Ajax your build, I see you're one step ahead
of me :-) -- one thing is missing -- instructions on how to install
it, for someone who's gotten rusty (like Ajax who hasn't updated his
XOs in a while). And the XO-1 install process is different with UBIFS.

> What is the state of merging out VIA driver back into mainline? That
> would certainly help from the XO 1.5 PoV.

That's for Jon to answer...

 - ask interesting questions