11.3.0 -> SD Card?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:35:42 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Congratulations on the release guys!

> Q: is there a way to install 11.3.0 on an SD card for the XO-1 like
> with alternate OSes on XOs instead of using the local flash storage?

 - grab the tar.gz
 - format your SD card as ext4
 - untar to the root of the SD card

no warranties expressed or implied. Might need additional minor
tweaking to actually work. Probably gets profoundly borked in

If you trust the SD card FTL, pre-partition it to have a swap
partition as well. Once up and running, configure linux to use it.
With the limited RAM on XO-1, it's a great

Moving some parts of the OS out might be saner, as Gonzalo suggests.
Perhaps /usr, /home/, /var...  and that swap I mentioned.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com