Announcing OLPC OS 11.3.0 for XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Nov 2 18:26:41 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 11:34:49AM -0400, Kevin Gordon wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:42 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>     On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 10:22:26AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
>     > Could someone update the green box in the top right of the main
>     > wiki page please :)
>     >
>     > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki
>
> The firmware items in the little green box might need to be updated as
> well.  I believe 883 is shipping with Q2E48 on the XO-1, and Q3B22 on
> the XO-1.5.  I have insufficient permissions to change it - probably a
> good thing <smile>

Thanks for the reminder and the versions shipping on 11.3.0.  I've
reviewed the changelogs of both streams and agree it is safe to
advertise them for use by people with prior builds.  I've changed the
numbers.  I've not tested them with prior builds though.  If you've
time, you might do that ...  install each major release with Q2E48
present, see if the release still works, or whether we've added a
firmware vs software regression.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/