stop sharing an activity

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon May 30 06:59:08 EDT 2011

On 05/30/2011 07:36 AM, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:

> --- On Sun, 5/29/11, James Cameron<quozl at laptop.org>  wrote:
>
>> I don't know where that discussion might be, but the
>> concept follows the
>> maxim that once information is released there's no going
>> back.
>>

> Thanks for the detailed info.
> For sure once information is released there is no going back,
> but I do not think activity sharing/collaboration is anything close to that as a concept or practice.
> Today other collaboration tools allow not only collaboration to stop but also who and how to collaborate.
> I can see many scenarios in and out of a class that may need that feature and I'm actually surprised is not(?) brought up by any deployment yet.

Actually, I happened to think about it yesterday.

Of course the 'unshare' functionality this adds a bit more complexity to
the issue, which I think is the main reason why it is not handled as of
today. At the moment, what you do when you want to stop a shared session
is that you close the activity.

So activities at the moment have to be aware of that fact and should be
able to handle those cases cleanly (person who joined/the person who
started the shared session are leaving). However, for 'unshare' you have
to handle as well this case, the activity state change, in your activity
and this might be a bit trickier, or at least adds more complex code.

Regards,
    Simon