new OLPC slackware 13.37 released (fwd)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 23 05:41:38 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 02:23:39PM +0700, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
> I never update for new OLPC firmware because it work for my old
> slackware 12.2. So, I don't want to mess it up.

Okay, thanks.  I was thinking more of your users than you.  They might
try what you have done and fail to make it work on recent firmware
versions.  And some firmware versions cannot be downgraded safely.

So, can you tell me what version of firmware is on your XO-1 now?  You
can find out in several ways, see the "Which Firmware Do You Have?"
section

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q2e45#Which_Firmware_Do_You_Have.3F

> Yes, under OLPC it was recent kernel I found at OLPC: 2.6.36-rc2.

Okay, I haven't found this one yet.  ;-)  Could you tell me where you
found it?  I normally look at http://dev.laptop.org/~kernels/ but that
version is not present there,

> Please let me know if the latest OLPC will not harm my OLPC 1.0 so
> that I can test it for you.

I'd be happy to tell you.  But first I need to know your installed
firmware version (see above), and hardware serial number.  (Because
there are some very early hardware versions that cannot be safely
upgraded).

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/