new OLPC slackware 13.37 released (fwd)
supat at supat.eu.org
supat at supat.eu.org
Sun May 22 22:59:58 EDT 2011
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:57:25 +0700 (ICT)
From: supat at supat.eu.org
To: johnny nunez <esmiwuals at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: new OLPC slackware 13.37 released
1. download OLPC_Slackware13.37 at
2. mount /dev/sdb1 /usb (assume you have only 1 HD)
3. tar xjvf olpc_slak13.37.tar.bz2 -C /
4. boot OLPC using your new USB
5. modify /etc/lilo.conf to fit your config
7. wait 5 minutes
8. /etc/rc.d/rc.local (for unknown reason wlan0 will wake up after 5 minutes
9. the same USB now can be bootted on any pc
1. OLPC is not fast enough to run KDE so I put default fluxbox as WDM
2. I delete Open Office to put OLPC_Slackware13.37 under 4 GB USB
3. I recommend to run nxclient by using commandline nx
4. to boot it on other pc need to vi /etc/fstab to be config you need.
Please let me know if you may get any problems.
On Sun, 22 May 2011, johnny nunez wrote:
> were can i download the file?
> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 3:47 AM, <supat at supat.eu.org> wrote:
> 1. on USB with full slackware 13.37 will boot on OLPC
> 2. support all SW in slackware 13.3 plus open office and NX client
> 3. support KDE but OLPC 1.0 is too slow so fluxbox is a prefered WM
> 4. the same USB can boot on all pc in this world with all HW support
> as slackware 13.37 can do.
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, johnny nunez wrote:
> Hi Supat,
> Thank you for your time.
> I hope this attachments will help you to locate the
> On 10/11/10, supat at supat.eu.org <supat at supat.eu.org>
> Dear johnny nunez,
> Sorry for late reply because your mail has no
> topic and I got a lot of
> junk mail. I mostly delete them w/o reading.
> Fortunately I hit the wrong
> key so I accidentally see your message below.
> I invent slackware OLPC in 2006.
> The last person who ask for it is 4 years ago
> because current support of
> OLPC is not in slackware. I think no one will
> interest it.
> I forget where I put those slackware OLPC in
> and I change servers several
> times in the past 4 years. I don't know how
> many servers I have.
> So, you have to inform me where did you get
> info from and what did it
> said. In original message it should have a
> clue where I put it. Or it can
> make me remember where is the imgage of it.
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2010, johnny nunez wrote:
> i want to find olpc slackware
More information about the Devel