new OLPC slackware 13.37 released (fwd)

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Sun May 22 22:59:58 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:57:25 +0700 (ICT)
From: supat at supat.eu.org
To: johnny nunez <esmiwuals at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: new OLPC slackware 13.37 released

OLPC_Slackware13.37.howto:

1. download OLPC_Slackware13.37 at
http://e-university.eu.org/OLPC/olpc_slak13.37.tar.bz2
2. mount /dev/sdb1 /usb (assume you have only 1 HD)
3. tar xjvf olpc_slak13.37.tar.bz2  -C /
4. boot OLPC using your new USB
5. modify /etc/lilo.conf to fit your config
6. lilo
7. wait 5 minutes
8. /etc/rc.d/rc.local (for unknown reason wlan0 will wake up after 5 minutes
wait)
9. the same USB now can be bootted on any pc

Notes:

1. OLPC is not fast enough to run KDE so I put default fluxbox as WDM
2. I delete Open Office to put OLPC_Slackware13.37 under 4 GB USB
3. I recommend to run nxclient by using commandline nx
4. to boot it on other pc need to vi /etc/fstab to be config you need.

Please let me know if you may get any problems.
Regards,
supat