Prelink

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:33:13 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Samuel Greenfeld <greenfeld at laptop.org> wrote:
> In general every major Fedora jump we do risks running out of space.

Yes, but that's not the point of the discussion.

True, on any disk-space-limited system major OS updates are going to
be a nasty situation. olpc-update is better than yum/rpm
disk-usage-wise but it's no panacea.

But what this is about is _minor_ updates.

Using a well-behaved olpc-update, minor updates should be really
lightweight and low-risk to deploy. But dsd spotted that due to
prelink, they are not.

It is definitely worthwhile to fix this.

There are a number of holdups in making olpc-update more usable -- if
we can get all of them fixed, we'll have a golden feature in our
hands.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions