Disabling prelink in software builds

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri May 20 05:37:48 EDT 2011

On 17 May 2011 20:58, John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com> wrote:
>> > Any objections to prelink being disabled?
>
> I object.

Thanks John and James for the detailed comments and investigation.

I've spent some time looking at this. I've sent a patch to prelink
upstream allowing us to install a fixed timestamp, but I'm still
waiting to see what they say.

I have also tried a post-processing approach to tweak that timestamp
to a fixed value, and a LD_PRELOAD hack, without success. My
experiences are detailed here: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10898

Can either of you help, especially with the prelink_timestamp_remover
approach? What am I doing wrong with libelf?

Thanks,
Daniel